Celebrating My Life of Living Well. Domestic and Otherwise.

Eat. Drink. Shop. Travel. Look. Learn.Experience.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Spot of Tea and a Good Book


A spot of tea and a good book.
This is how I have been spending most of my my time recently...
and I love it!

I have just finished this beautiful story, The Help. If you haven't read it, run don't walk , and get yourself a copy. I absolutely adored this book by Kathryn Stockett.



With it, my selection of tea would be anything from my my absolute favorite purveyor, Mariage Freres. Bourbon, Casablanca, Vert Provence and Buddha Bleu are my preferred blends of choice. All green or red teas with fruit, flowers or spices to give them distinctive flavors of fantasy!

A great book must be accompanied by a great tea after all.

While waiting for my husband to finish the next book on my list, I thought I would read Ash in the interim. My 10 year old recently finished it and declared it to be one of her "best" books ever. Will be interesting to see what she defines as an entertaining read .


With a fresh young novel by the promising and highly acclaimed Malinda Lo, I will enjoy sips of Paris-Singapore and Magic Flute from the equally promising newcomer, TWG.


Next up is The Little Stranger.

" The number 1 book of 2009... several sleepless nights are guaranteed!"
- Stephen King for Entertainment Weekly
I can't wait to start devouring it!

Sounds perfect for one of the many rainy afternoons we've been having . You'll find me absorbed in it on the porch this weekend, enjoying a a pot of a smokey Lapsang Souchong from Dammann Freres .

Bon Weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment