Celebrating My Life of Living Well. Domestic and Otherwise.

Eat. Drink. Shop. Travel. Look. Learn.Experience.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Decorating with Books Part 2



I've said it before.
I'll say it again.
I love a room thats filled with books...


What a dream, a library ante chamber!

Walls lined with books, I can't get enough of them! And although I love a great piece of art adorning walls, bookshelves lend so much character and soul to a space.



The play of volumes and novels, collectible memorabilia, and framed pictures of loved ones truly personalizes the interior and helps to create ambience, which is something that cannot be purchased or defined by a single element but only by a melange of components.

I love this pink room accented with black,very sophisticated. It's so Dorothy Draper!

Ah, to dine with great authors. A perfect room for those with a voracious appetite for the literary. Can you imagine the riveting and mixed bag of conversations that can be had with this much inspiration!


The dichotomy of this room is just brilliant. It manages to be elegant and polished but at the same time both cozy and welcoming, wouldn't you say?

Books and the Elkins chairs, pure perfection!


An Archway of books! What a clever way to transition a room.

And my favorite library accessory...I really have to get me one of those ladders!









Now tell me , don't you want to meet every person that lives in each of these rooms? I am intrigued by anyone that resides in these homes. The force of personality or character just shines through each and every photograph.

1 comment:

  1. I love decorating with books - because I have no choice! I have so many! These are WONDERFUL examples - I particularly love the stacked book look. Going to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete