Celebrating My Life of Living Well. Domestic and Otherwise.

Eat. Drink. Shop. Travel. Look. Learn.Experience.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Party Time!


Nothing is as happy as a child's birthday party. I just love them! The balloons, the food, the games, the food, the goodie bags, the food...


It's that time of the year when I begin to think about my little darling's birthday parties. Who am I kidding? I am always thinking about my kids birthday parties! The defining piece for me is always the cake. I feel , that along with the invitation, the birthday cake sets the tone for the occasion. We have had some wonderful cakes through the years. Here are a few pictures of some of them.

Audrey's 4th "Fancy Nancy" birthday.
A cupcake tower from Audrey's "Cowgirl" party.

Her "Vintage Alphabet" party- the tablecloth is unfortunate
but the cake was gorgeous! You really need to double click on this photo so you can appreciate it in all it's glory. The artist got the vintage colors spot on.



Alexa's 7th "Fairyland" Party, isn't the detail divine?


The fairies were inspired from the Flower Fairies series.

A tea party at Bizu - I just love the macaroon tower!

The cake above was from Alexa's "Nail and Foot Spa" party.



And the cake below is my all time favorite- Audrey's baptism cake. This picture doesn't do it justice as I just scanned it in this morning. Double click on the photo so you can appreciate the workmanship of the cake artist. Really. This cake vignette was just breathtaking.


The colors, the quilting, the little daisies all in the middle segment and then scattered around the table. Those boxes you see stacked up are sugar filigree, (see up close Here) and had little chocolates inside. The quilted square cakes were given to each Godparent to take home and the lollipop cookies in the two bouquets flanking the cake were given to all the children in attendance. See details Here, Here and Here.


AND that pram. That pram just made the cake extra special.

All the cakes featured in this post, with the exception of the tea party macaroon tower, were made by Marta Matute. Marta is a genius and has helped me execute all my ideas , and has made my children's birthdays unforgettable. She is easily one of the best resources for children's birthday cakes in Manila.


Top photo courtesy of Flora et Henri, one of my favorite purveyors of children's clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment