Celebrating My Life of Living Well. Domestic and Otherwise.

Eat. Drink. Shop. Travel. Look. Learn.Experience.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Guess who's coming to town?

I am a Foodie.

When I first told my friends that I was going to start a blog, most of them assumed that the content would be food related. Not an unreasonable assumption since I love dining , cooking and entertaining. Funny, I haven't really had a food post yet.

My husband and I are the types of people who begin planning our travels with the question, "Where are we going to eat?". Once that has been sorted out, then the rest of the itinerary follows. I recall once that I had threatened to cancel a trip to Sydney if we couldn't get a reservation at Tetsuya's. Really what would have been the point? Smirk.
We did. Disaster averted. It was well worth the empty threat, it was fantastic.

We do street food , we do Michelin stars.
I'd like to say that we are equal opportunity eaters, as long as it's good food we're happy.

So, when I heard that the Grand Daddy of Michelin Stars was coming to our neck of the woods, I HAD to get a seat at his table!

Alain Ducasse and his chefs from Le Louis XV in Monaco will be preparing a dinner on Tuesday, 23 February at the Enderun Campus in Fort Bonifacio, Manila. And through a good friend, my husband and I , along with some other couples, were able to secure some of the few and highly coveted seats. Rumor has it that they will be flying in their ingredients and will recreate dishes from his Monaco menu.

I am so excited!



1 comment: